Friday, October 25, 2013

So I received a link to this project on fB. The photos are lovely--if it is possible to think that watching the demise of a young woman  is beautiful; perhaps poignant is a better choice. This work, in combination with the work of Willie Osterman, makes me sorry that I did not have the courage to document the final years of my Mother's life. I think about it often. The space she occupied in my heart does not grow smaller. It seems morbid to some to imagine why one would document such a momentous and difficult time in a person's life. Nevertheless, even if I didn't share the photos with anyone, I wish I had them. Thank you Willie and Angelo for having the courage to do what I could not. The images are beautiful to me because I can see the fragility we all share but seldom think about. They make me appreciate that I am here and that every moment is is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment